03 9 / 2014
James Altucher said, if you want to make money you have to learn the following skills. None of these skills are taught in college.
- how to sell (both in a presentation and via copywriting)
- how to negotiate (which means win-win, not war)
- creativity (take out a pad, write down a list of ideas, every day)
- leadership (give more to others than you expect back for yourself)
- networking (a corollary of leadership)
- how to live by themes instead of goals (goals will break your heart)
- reinvention (which will happen repeatedly throughout a life)
- idea sex (get good at coming up with ideas. Then combine them. Master the intersection)
- the 1% rule (every week try to get better 1% physically, emotionally, mentally)
- "the google rule"
- give constantly to the people in your network. The value of your network increase linearly if you get to know more people but EXPONENTIALLY if the people you know, get to know and help each other.
- how to fail so that a failure turns into a beginning
- simple tools to increase productivity
- how to master a field. You can’t learn this in school with each “field” being regimented into equal 50 minute periods. Mastery begins when formal education ends. Find the topic that sets your heart on fire. Then combust.
- stopping the noise: news, advice books, fees upon fees in almost every area of life. Create your own noise instead of falling in life with the others.
02 9 / 2014
02 9 / 2014
Most people might wonder if they’re on the right path. According to Caroline Myss, you’re on the right path if you don’t feel like you’re betraying yourself. The inner voices inside you is right, you must start listening to your intuition.
When I’m confused, I ask God. And each and every moment after that prayer, God will give me answers in many forms. All I need to do is just pay attention to it. Caroline Myss also said, it doesn’t matter what you choose, what matter is the energy you put to that choice. There are no wrong choices, there are only mismanaged choices.
01 9 / 2014
31 8 / 2014
30 8 / 2014
28 8 / 2014
Setelah gue ngajar pagi di International school dan ngajar siang di sekolah ‘biasa’, ada perbedaan yg kasat mata.
Anak International school ga takut ngungkapin pendapat dan ide se-absurd apapun karena temannya will absolutely listen and have respect for them.
Anak sekolah ‘biasa’ struggle untuk mengungkapkan bahkan hal nyata yang sudah terjadi dalam hidup mereka. Karena teman2nya bakal ‘bully’ on the spot dengan berbagai cara. Gue sampai harus nulis di papan ‘Be Kind’ as a reminder.
Di dunia orang dewasa ini juga kejadian. People with class, will listen and support. We can choose these type of friends because we’re an adult.
Our goal sekarang tentu to be able to buy better options of environment for our children. But if we can’t, we can give them strong foundation of character.
I was attending public government school all over Indonesia, my friends or environment turn me into who I am today because of the strong foundation my parents build in me.
Shit always happen, people always have something to say. It’s real life. But if you know who you are, those circumstances will make you, not break you.
27 8 / 2014